Friday, August 12, 2005

Pictures in your blog


Assalamualaikum Azfar,

I had something to say about the pictures you have in this blog. It is narrated in a famous hadith which is recorded in Sahih Bukhari as well as Sahih Muslim that "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or pictures".

Narrated 'Aisha (r.a) I bought a cushion having pictures on it. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he stopped at the gate and did not enter. I noticed the signs of hatred (for that) on his face! I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I turn to Allah and His Apostle in repentance! What sin have I committed?" He said, "What about this cushion?" I said, 'I bought it for you to sit on and recline on." Allah's Apostle said, "The makers of these pictures will be punished (severely) on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said to them, 'Make alive what you have created.'" He added, "Angels do not enter a house in which there are pictures." [Volume 7, Book 72, Number 844]

Imagine the Prophet (saw) looking at this blog with the same signs of hatred on his beloved face because of these pictures. How can Allah's Help ever be with anything that Allah's Beloved Rasool (saw) will be displeased with? May Allah (swt) give us the same taufiq as our mother Ayesha (r.a) to be able to recognize in everything that we do whether it will attract our beloved Rasool (saw)'s pleasure or will it make him displeased, and may He make it easy for us to stay away from all that may be displeasing to Allah and His messenger. Ameen.

- Kashif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord, sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if we added another ocean like it, for its aid."
(Al-Quran-18:109)

When My servants ask you (O Prophet) concerning Me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.
(Al-Qur'an-2:186)

--
_______________________________________________

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number. -Lycos Yellow Pages

http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10